QuickBooks Error 1720
QuickBooks Error 1720 is typically caused by a damaged Windows Installer component or a problem with the Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your computer. According to Intuit, error code 1720 is an error that occurs when installing Time Tracker Outlook because a WMI script required to install Time Tracker Outlook was interrupted.
WMI is Microsoft’s Windows Management Instrumentation, a technology through which most Windows resources are managed.
Here are some steps you can take to resolve this error:
- Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Intuit website. This tool will identify and fix any installation-related issues.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your computer. You can download it from the Microsoft website.
- Run the Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter. This tool will automatically diagnose and fix problems with the Windows Installer.
- Disable any anti-virus or anti-malware software temporarily, as they may interfere with the installation process.
- Try installing QuickBooks in Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, restart your computer and press F8 repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears. Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
If none of these steps resolves the issue, you may need to contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
Here are some more steps to resolve this issue
QuickBooks error 1720 is an installation error that occurs when the Microsoft Windows installer is unable to install or uninstall QuickBooks software. This error is usually caused by a damaged Windows installer or a corrupted QuickBooks installation file.
When QuickBooks error 1720 occurs, you may see an error message that reads: “Error 1720: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run.”
To resolve QuickBooks error 1720, you can try the following steps:
- Restart your computer and try to install QuickBooks again.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Windows installer installed on your computer.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall software temporarily and then try to install QuickBooks again.
- Run a Windows repair tool to fix any issues with the Windows installer.
- If the above steps don’t work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
If you are still unable to resolve QuickBooks error 1720, it is recommended to contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
Modifying REGISTRY settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of REGISTRY settings can be solved. Modifications of these settings are at your own risk.
Backup the registry before beginning this operation.
Scroll to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress
Check the following registry key and delete any entries in the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations
Step 4: Check the permissions
Verify the System has Full Control on the following key:
Navigate to the following entry and right-click.
Click Permissions. Click SYSTEM. If it doesn’t have FULL CONTROL and you can’t change it, you must contact your IT Department for help.
Next, restart your computer and try again.