Looking for an easy way to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6177?
Resolve this QuickBooks Error 6177 with the guidence of experts Call Toll Free :
QuickBooks Error 6177 is easy to fix even for beginners. A non-technical person can easily resolve these kinds of errors. The people who get stuck in these kinds of errors of this software can contact us at any time to learn how to resolve the QuickBooks Errors.
Every time a new or inexperienced user starts using QuickBooks, chances are they will encounter an error. These errors are displayed with a specific code. These error codes display a message that gives the user an idea of what the problem is. One such QuickBooks Error 6177. It means that the company file will not be accessible anywhere except where it is located because the computer does not know the path. This error usually occurs when the file is set to multi-user mode.
The developers carefully studied the error and found its common cause. It is explained below:
1. Unknown path
Every time a company file is accessed, an association is made between the file path and the source or location where it came from. QuickBooks sometimes encounters error code 6177 when it fails to recognize the file path.
To resolve this error:
1. Changing the location of the file on the hard drive
QuickBooks error code 6177 can be resolved immediately by changing the location of the file and saving it to your hard drive. This can be achieved by religiously following the following steps:
• First, move the file from the server to the “c drive” on the system.
• Next, open the company file in QuickBooks from “drive c”.
• Now save the file to a portable folder on the c drive.
• Select the company file again and open it from the server.
2. Updated version of QuickBooks
Users are asked to make sure their files are running on an updated version of QuickBooks. Each Intuit product has its current or updated version available on the website. Therefore, it is recommended to upgrade QuickBooks from the website itself to resolve the error.
3. Solve automatically
Errors can be resolved immediately by running a file scan with QuickBooks File Doctor. To do so, open or install the software. This software is primarily used to fix bugs found in the software.
4. Correct the error manually
QuickBooks errors can also be sorted manually without installing QuickBooks File Doctor. This solution is an alternative when the user cannot install QuickBooks Doctor File in the system. First, close your active QuickBooks applications and follow these steps:
• Delete files with.ND (Network Description) extension.
• Open the folder containing all the files and locate the company file.
• Right-click the selected files and delete them permanently.
• Organize QuickBooks in the server manager database. To do so, choose the Start menu and select Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
• In the QuickBooks Database Server Manager window, choose the Add Folder button.
• Perform a quick file check by selecting the Scan button.
5. Manipulate the hosting of the QuickBooks file
The hosting company can be modified to resolve the error. This can be done by the user by simply opening QuickBooks. Choose File > Tools > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access from the File menu and choose the Yes button. Restart QuickBooks and repeat the step to disable hosting. Next, open the company file by selecting File > Open or Refresh Company.
6. Company file opened via local path
It is rare that files opened on a host computer on a mapped drive will result in QuickBooks error 6177. The user should ensure that the file is located on a local path; this can be checked by following steps:
• Press and hold Windows along with the letter E on keyboards; a computer window will appear.
• Next, right-click the company files folder; a floating menu will appear. Select Properties.
• Look for the drive type in the Properties window. The network drive type ensures that the file is located on the mapped drive.
• Make sure you run the file on a local path.