QuickBooks Error Code 15225
When downloading or installing the latest software updates, QuickBooks Error Code 15225 occurs. Typically, Error Code 15225 happens as a result of an erroneous internet explorer setting.
It often occurs when QuickBooks attempts to authenticate the digital signature of all files it downloads.
We’ve addressed the reasons and how to repair it in this article.
QuickBooks Error Code 15225: Possible Causes
The Internet Explorer capability for registering a digital signature is no longer functional.
Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
Firewall or anti-virus software is preventing the new update files from being installed.
One thing to perform before beginning the troubleshooting procedure
Make a copy of a corporation file.
Make a backup of the business file in case anything goes wrong throughout the procedure and you need to revert to the point where you began.
- QuickBooks should be opened
- To create a local backup, go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions to build a backup of your company’s files.
Five Easy Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15225
Update QuickBooks Desktop in Step 1
- QuickBooks Desktop should be opened
- Navigate to Help > QuickBooks Desktop Update…
- Click on the Update Now button.
- Select Receive Updates.
- The QuickBooks Desktop upgrade process may take some time.
Add the Intuit URL as a Trusted Website in Step 2.
- To launch the Run command, use the Windows+R keys.
- To launch internet explorer, type explorer and click OK.
- Select Internet Options from the top-right gear icon.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Select the Trusted Sites symbol and the Trusted Sites button (See an image below)
- Ensure that Require server verification (https:) is enabled for all sites in this zone.
- Close and OK
STEP 3: Configure your computer with a digital signing certificate
- QuickBooks Desktop should be closed.
- Navigate to C: Program Files(x86)IntuitQuickBooks and type QBW32.exe in the search box.
- Once you’ve located QBW32.exe, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Select the Digital Signature tab and make certain that Intuit Inc. is chosen from the drop-down list.
- Select Details (See an image below)
- Click View Certificate in the Digital Signature information windows.
- Click Install Certificate in the Certificate window.
- Continue clicking Next until the end screen appears.
- After that, click Finish.
- Reboot your computer and then reopen QuickBooks.
- Now re-download the update.
Step 4: Temporarily disable the firewall and network protection
This problem may occur as a result of a firewall or other security software interfering with the download of the current updates. It’s a good idea to switch them off temporarily.
- To begin, right-click the Start button.
- Select Configuration
- Select Update & Security.
- Select the Windows Security tab from the left pane and click Open Windows Security.
- Select Firewall and Network Protection from the Windows Security box.
- Select Domain, Private, and Public Networks one by one, then disable the Microsoft Defender Firewall for each network type.
- Now attempt to install QuickBooks’s most recent updates.
Step 5: Uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall it
If the preceding methods do not resolve the issue, you may additionally need to Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop to permanently resolve the issue. Additionally, there might be a Windows problem with your machine; we urge that you contact your IT person.
- To remove QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows+R keys simultaneously to invoke the Run command.
- Click OK after typing appwiz.cpl.
- Select QuickBooks from the Programs and Features menu and click Uninstall.
- If prompted, click Yes.
- Next, choose Remove.
- QuickBooks may take some time to remove from your PC.
- Once the installation procedure has properly removed QuickBooks, click Finish.
Leave a Reply