QuickBooks Update Error 15106
QuickBooks Error 15106 appears when the user tries to update the payroll application. The error comes with a text that says “Error 15106: Cannot open the update program.” It is one of the most hectic errors because it prevents the users from accessing the payroll software. Users who can dedicate themselves to specific business-related tasks may find it very difficult and toxic to fix this type of error issue. But there is no need to worry as we are back with the most prominent troubleshooting solutions. As always, we want to recommend that you go through this entire post to check and carry out all the related solutions. Now, let’s move on to the next section and get to know all the causes and factors that cause this Payroll update error to appear.
QuickBooks Update Error 15106 is an error that can occur when you are trying to download the latest updates for your QuickBooks software. This error message usually reads as follows:
“The update program cannot be opened. The update program is damaged.”
This error typically occurs due to issues with the updated program files or when QuickBooks is not able to access the folder where the updated program files are stored. It can also occur when the antivirus software is blocking QuickBooks updates or if you don’t have sufficient permissions to download updates.
To fix this error, there are a few things you can try:
- Run QuickBooks as an administrator and try downloading the update again.
- Turn off your antivirus software temporarily and try downloading the update again.
- Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the folder where the updated program files are stored.
- Rename the folder where the updated program files are stored to fix any issues with the file path.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install to ensure all program files are updated.
If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact QuickBooks support for additional assistance. You can use the following simple steps to fix it manually.
- Keep in mind to access File Explorer.
- Hit the Windows + E button to do that.
- Now, you need to go to the following path C:\Program files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks (year)\Components (for 32 but users).
- If you are a 64-bit user, then the path is different as shown here C:\Program files (x86)\Intuit\ QuickBooks (year)\Components.
- Thereafter, perform a right-click on the folder that appears as downloadqbxx.
- Now, hit the rename option.
- Keep in mind that XX in the downloadqbxx indicates QuickBooks’ version.
- You need to add a .old extension there.
- Once you have done all these steps, just update your QuickBooks software.
This is how you can fix this QuickBooks Error 15106 easily
We believe that after following the troubleshooting methods outlined above, you will no longer face QuickBooks error 15106. Numerous professionals suggest these repair methods and they are efficient in dealing with this problem.
However, if you find yourself in an unwanted situation where you need expert guidance, contacting the Quickbooks customer support team would work in your favor. Their toll-free number is accessible online and you can contact them 24/7. The support team is capable of solving even complex Quickbooks errors.
With this, let us conclude this informative article here. Feel free to write your valuable tips, suggestions or opinions in the comment section.