Difference Between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Hosted
To understand the difference between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Hosted, we need to know about 3 versions of QuickBooks.
1. Desktop QuickBooks
2. QuickBooks online
3. QuickBooks hosted in the cloud
QuickBooks desktop editing
QuickBooks desktop edition has many features that help you a lot in bookkeeping and account maintenance. Inventory tracking, currency calculator, company overview and much more are functionalities of it. But QuickBooks desktop edition doesn’t help you access applications from anywhere over the Internet.
QuickBooks Online Edition (QBOE)
QuickBooks Online Edition or QBOE is the version developed based on the demands of customers who want to access various applications over the Internet. This helps to access services over the Internet from anywhere. But QBOE also has its own drawbacks. Exactly what? We are going to put some light on the same in this article.
• QuickBooks prevents you from enjoying certain functionality that you were able to get through the QuickBooks desktop software. The functionalities not available in the QBOE are:
1. Inventory Tracking – Inventory tracking is available in the desktop edition of QuickBooks, but the online edition does not help you in inventory tracking.
2. Purchase Orders – Purchase order functionality is removed in the online edition.
3. Company Overview: The company overview cannot be perceived through the online edition of QuickBooks.
4. Currency Calculator: The currency calculator, which made calculations easier in the desktop edition, is not available in QuickBooks Online Edition.
• QuickBooks Online Edition becomes too expensive if users have too many clients. As? Charges are based on the number of files to be maintained. So it doesn’t suit people who have too many clients and in turn too many files to manage.
So what is the alternative that helps you enjoy the full functionality that you enjoyed in a desktop version of QuickBooks and also the accessibility over the Internet that you enjoy through QBOE? The answer is QuickBooks Cloud Hosting!
QuickBooks Cloud Hosting
QuickBooks Cloud Hosting contains the best features of both worlds: the desktop version of QuickBooks and QBOE. In terms of functionality, it is as strong as the desktop version and in terms of convenience, it is as strong as the Online Edition. Yeah! It is the true package becoming the solution for all your concerns.
What is required for QuickBooks Cloud Hosting?
A hosting provider is the main requirement for QuickBooks Hosting. Hosting providers install the desktop version of QuickBooks not on your side but on their server. This helps you access QuickBooks software from devices on your side, also from anywhere over the Internet. Secure Socket Layer technology or SSL technology ensures that the confidentiality of the transmitted data is not compromised. 128-bit encryption is used to ensure data security.
Cloud-based technology is used that has qualities such as data security and ease of use. An additional security measure is also taken: all files you transfer are backed up without fail! Cloud technology is the cutting edge technology used by everyone today and this also helps in increasing the compatibility and accessibility ratio.
Differences between QuickBooks Online vs QuickBooks Hosted in the cloud
Let us clarify the differences between QBOE and cloud hosted QuickBooks by bringing you to certain points given below.
1. QuickBooks Cloud Hosting supports more features than QuickBooks Online Edition: All QuickBooks desktop features are available on QuickBooks Cloud Hosting, but not on QuickBooks Online Edition.
2. QuickBooks Online Edition is not as cost effective as QuickBooks Cloud Hosting for users who have many clients: QuickBooks Online Edition charges per file and the same makes it expensive for users who have many clients. The reason is that too many files need to be maintained to manage many clients and in turn QBOE becomes very expensive as charges are applied to each file. On the other hand, these types of charges do not apply to the user of the Hosted QuickBooks edition and are therefore more cost effective. You can also opt for additional space by paying a little more in the cloud-hosted version of QuickBooks.
Leave a Reply