QuickBooks Error Code 20145 97242
QuickBooks error code 20145 97242
QuickBooks error code 20145 97242 is usually related to problems with the QuickBooks Online service, and typically occurs when the software is unable to connect to the online service or there are problems with the data that is transmitted between QuickBooks and the service.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this error:
Check your internet connection – Make sure your internet connection is stable and working properly. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that resolves the issue.
Clear your browser’s cache: Clearing your browser’s cache can often resolve issues with web-based applications like QuickBooks Online. In your browser settings, look for an option to clear your cache and browsing history.
Disable your antivirus and firewall: Sometimes antivirus or firewall software can interfere with QuickBooks Online. Try disabling these programs temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.
Check for Updates: Make sure your QuickBooks software and any related add-ons or add-ons are up to date. You can check for updates by going to the Help menu and selecting “Update QuickBooks.”
Contact QuickBooks Support – If none of these steps resolve your issue, you may need to contact QuickBooks Support for further assistance. They may be able to help you identify the underlying problem and find a solution.
These errors often occur when your company file is on a network. We can run a series of troubleshooting steps to make sure your file is free of any potential data corruption. Before we do, let’s make sure it’s up to date with the latest version.
Let’s get started by using our QuickBooks tool center. You can follow the steps provided by my colleagues Angelyn_T to install and run these tools. This will scan your file and resolve some data errors. If it’s still the same, you can restore your most recent backup. Let me guide you through the steps.
- Go to File in the top menu bar, then select Open or Restore company.
- Choose the radio button to Restore a backup, then click Next.
- Select Local Backup and press the Next button.
- Click the Browse dropdown menu and choose the location of the backup file.
- Find the folder backup file. The file name appears as [Company Name].qbb.
- Choose Open, then click Next.
- Select from the dropdown menu to Save to, then click where you want to save the restored file.
- Enter the name in the File Name field. Note: The Save as type field will automatically display QuickBooks Files (*.QBW)
- Then press Save.